Location: Remote, United States
- Publishers Weekly, the international news platform of the book publishing industry, is looking for a columnist and writer-at-large to cover issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the book business in addition to general trade news for both print and digital.
- The new position will require the publication of 4-6 pieces a month: one 800-word column on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and one reported piece per week—which could include, but is not limited to, news coverage, trend pieces, features, Q&As, or consumer-oriented book coverage—totaling 500-1,000 words for PW Daily and other newsletters.
- PW will pay a freelance rate of $0.50/word for all pieces.
- Candidates who are asked to take an editorial test for the position will be paid $0.50/word for completing that test, which will consist of pitching and writing a 600-word article to be published in PW Daily.
- Members of diverse communities are highly encouraged to apply. We’re especially looking for individuals who are well-versed in Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), Asian, Asian American, Latinx, Latinx American, immigration, and disability experiences to apply.
No phone calls, please.
- Publishers Weekly, familiarly known in the book world as PW and “the bible of the book business,” is a weekly news magazine focused on the international book publishing business running for over 145 years.
- It offers feature articles and news on all aspects of the book business, bestsellers lists in a number of categories, and industry statistics, but its best known service is pre-publication book reviews, of which it publishes more than 8,500 per year.
Publishers Weekly is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Publishers Weekly is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Publishers Weekly are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, creed/religion, disability, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military service member status, familial status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic information, arrest and/or criminal conviction record, or any other category protected by law. Publishers Weekly will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Please Click The Button below to apply for the given remote job