Looking to join a fun, highly-talented team that’s working on an edtech product the world really needs right now?
LearnCube is on a mission to transform live online education across the globe. Through our award-winning online classroom and online school, we help education entrepreneurs from the individual online tutor to some of the world’s largest tutoring companies, succeed online. We also have a special strength in online language education, where we work with iconic language education companies like Babbel. We’re growing fast and need your help.
More about LearnCube and our development stack:
LearnCube is a leading edtech SAAS provider. Our Virtual Classroom and Online School platform makes it easy for language teachers and tutors to teach online professionally. LearnCube’s customers are individual tutors, edupreneurs, online language schools and tutoring companies.
We’re a fast-growing company founded in 2014, based in London but with a “remote-first” culture.
As a web developer for LearnCube, you will be working with a close, highly-talented team on our online classroom and online school products. You will have so much more opportunity to learn, contribute and grow professionally with a startup like LearnCube, than you would from working for a big but soulless technology company. We use vue.js, Python and Django to build our cutting-edge solution but there’s also plenty of room to build your skills, experiment and play with other exciting technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to online classroom features and new products. For example, in the last year, we released new homework, large group classroom and breakout room features for our online classroom.
- Improve the experience for our school administrators, teachers and students through learning analytics and data logging.
- Scaling infrastructure is not the focus of your work but we offer a unique opportunity to gain experience if you’re curious. COVID-19 has increased the number of classes we deliver by more than 10-fold with more high-potential opportunities on the horizon.
- Collaborate with other areas of LearnCube – customer support, customer success and sales – to improve the business, user experience and customer experience.
- Provide some technical customer support for customer queries, especially for our VIP customers using our API products.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and technology.
- Support research and development of our most innovative ideas within our “Learncube Labs” including smart ways to improve education through A.I.
More about the role:
- Initial 3-month fixed term contract (remote position) followed by full-time contract if it goes well.
- Market-related, competitive salary with a generous vacation policy.
- Salary with company bonus.
- This a remote position, there is no office!
- Think of this also as a ‘spring-board’ position with lots more opportunity to grow your career into a leadership role if that is your desired path.
Criteria for a successful candidate:
- Honest, humble, highly competent, fast-learner, self-starter and motivated by the mission
- Minimum of 2+ years of software development experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Shows initiative and not shy from taking on responsibility and projects
- Ability to adapt and grow (startup life isn’t a straight line)
- Able to overlap with European business hours at least once per day
Bonus points for a successful candidate:
- Some experience with VueJS
- Some experience with Django
- Some experience with MySQL
- Experience with WebRTC / Websockets
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with AWS tech stack
- API gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, ELB, EC2, RDS
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Design / UX skills
- Association or experience with tutoring or learning spoken languages
- Startup experience
- Evidence of creating your own products and solutions
- Are you a team player and a good person? We have a strict no d***head policy and are not looking for “programming purists”.
- Do you have a passion for education?
- Are you fluent in spoken and written English? Note, you don’t have to be a perfect native speaker… in fact, that’s probably a positive 🙂
- Do you already share our values: honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy?
- Can you demonstrate strong skills in customer support and care, understanding how to work with people and getting them the help they need?
- Can you provide evidence of at least 6-12 months of experience working at least 20 hours a week remotely?
LearnCube perks and path
- Freedom to live wherever you like as long as you have reliable internet and a permanent residence.
- A clear career path to lead part of our development and product team as we grow.
- We offer a supportive, safe and fun work environment. Whatever gender, race, sexuality, nationality, religion, education, languages or quirks you have (or don’t), we don’t mind. Just bring strong values of honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy.
- Annual all-expenses-paid team trip to an exciting location in Europe (when the Covid-19 crisis is over).
- We’ll provide a monthly contribution towards your home-office or favourite local co-working space.
- Loads of opportunity for professional development.
- Oh… and you’ll feel much more motivated knowing you’re changing the world for the better; improving both the access to and quality of education across the world.
Aside from the non-negotiables, please don’t worry if you can’t check absolutely every criteria above (you’re probably more awesome than you think).
We know some will try, but this isn’t a challenge on how to get to the CEO or make contact via our support or social media channels. Please follow this application process and spend time answering the application’s questions in the form in order to be considered for the position.
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.