The Platform.sh Experience Design team is looking for a driven web developer to become a partner in creating and delivering joyful experiences across all our digital platforms.
We’re looking for someone with experience, creativity and love of design to help us deliver amazing digital products that enable people to understand and ultimately increase conversion at every level of customer engagement. As a member of the design team, you’ll work closely with our entire design team, marketing, product front-end, engineering and our DevRel (Developer relationships) teams.
You will work closely with the Marketing Web Developer and Visual Designer to ensure design consistency on our marketing site, our new design system, and other web properties e.g., community, documentation, LMS, status pages, internal playbook.
- Build, manage and own the design system components for the marketing website
- Help clean up the design and code debt of existing components
- Work alongside marketing web developer to ensure design consistency on new marketing website pages once they’ve been built and integrated
- Lead the development on other cross functional digital properties
- Build reusable code and libraries for use with our design system to drive efficiency and consistency in our brand and user experience
- Optimize new and existing design assets for our website, emails and other mediums as needed
- Evaluate and write code to ensure it is up to industry standards, WCAG compliant, fully responsive and compatible cross browsers
The right person will:
- Be a designer at heart
- A team player who thrives on collaboration with designers, sharing knowledge and best practices to help shape a solution
- Exceptional attention to details – can see and understand the importance of moving a button 3px to be inline, having consistent design at multiple breakpoints and tweaking an animation’s timing until it’s just right
- Have expert knowledge of web technologies (HTML5/CSS3/ES6)
- Have experience with build and management tools (Git)
- Have a minimum 3-5+ years of experience in front-end development
- Have experience with CSS animation or similar and interaction states
- Be motivated to research and learn best practices to create, validate, and present your ideas to project stakeholders
- Be able to iterate quickly and embrace feedback from many perspectives
- Be proficient with Hugo framework or other static site generators and Drupal is highly desired
Last but not least, you will join a team that loves beautiful and user-friendly products. Platform.sh was founded by a technical team who have PaaS product development in their DNA and are still at the helm of the company and continuously evolving the product. In everything we do, we do our best to deliver high quality and robust devops user experiences.
The position is perfect for someone who can work autonomously remotely close to the Americas time zone. You’ll be working daily with team members who are based in North America, Europe and Australia.
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.