Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing knowledge-sharing platforms for developers, engineers, and people in tech. At its core, Hashnode allows writers to share their knowledge easily with the tech community without the hassle of building a blog from scratch and managing it. The platform is growing at 20% MoM on various KPIs on an average – purely organic word of mouth. The user base has increased from zero to millions in just over a year.
We are a small, passionate team who love solving bigger challenges. We are backed by investors such as Accel India, Sequoia Capital India’s Surge, Sierra Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Some of our angel investors include Naval Ravikant, Guillermo Rauch, Salil Deshpande, and Des Traynor.
💼 About the job
We are looking to add a UI/UX Designer to our growing team, striving to make a better place for both readers and writers on the platform. We believe a UI/UX Designer will play an integral role in enhancing our overall product and brand experience.
The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product. To ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it following user-testing.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet product needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to deliver design solutions for approval regularly.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
🏝 Our Culture
Everyone is a CEO!
We don’t want to manage people. Everyone manages themselves and acts as a CEO of the function or position they hold.
Everyone is a Hustler!
Thinking about growth is a shared responsibility. Ideas can come from anyone.
Since we are the users of our product, we know the exact pain points and understand fellow software developers really well.
Going forward we are going to heavily rely on product-led growth. This means our user acquisition, conversion, and retention are all driven primarily by our product.
- Work From Anywhere
- Asynchronous Work Culture
- Unlimited Vacations
- MacBooks and other tools needed for the job
- Free eBooks
- Generous Compensation & Equity
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Home Office Setup Allowance
- Sponsored H1B Visa
- Fun Outings and Events
- Annual Company Retreat
- Be a part of our founding team and directly influence the roadmap
- Work closely with our users and other key stakeholders
- Opportunity to own new and upcoming core features
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.