Nightfall makes safeguarding sensitive data for every application simple and seamless. Organizations, from startups to global brands, trust Nightfall’s software platform and APIs to discover, classify, and protect sensitive data.
As a Technical Writer (Contract) at Nightfall, you will be responsible for developing technical documentation for our data protection platform. You’ll ensure that the documentation for our products is clear, correct, comprehensive, and easy to use.
- Write and develop technical documentation, examples, code samples, and tutorials based on REST APIs
- Continuously work to improve Nightfall’s documentation
- Propose, produce, review, and edit content for new and enhanced documentation
- Help developers and members of the community who have documentation-related questions
- Identify and address content gaps
- Familiarity with using REST APIs and ability to write clean, maintainable code, ideally in Python
- Familiarlity with the APIs and architectures of third-party SaaS and IaaS services such as databases, data warehouses, cloud providers, storage, etc.
- Experience writing, editing, researching, and planning software documentation
- Excellent skills in grammar, minimalist documentation design, and effective information architecture
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work
- Ideally experience with Linux shell, command-line Git, full-stack web development, SEO
Nightfall is a cybersecurity startup dedicated to helping organizations secure and manage their sensitive data. As a leading enterprise technology company, our product affects the personal data that people entrust businesses to store & process with care every day. Critical data in modern organizations is often sprayed across a broad set of cloud data silos, and it’s a herculean task for security & compliance teams to monitor, manage, and protect this highly sensitive data. Via machine learning, our product makes it easy for organizations to discover, classify, and protect this sensitive data across their cloud footprint – such as their corporate SaaS, data infrastructure, and even their own apps. In doing so, we prevent data leakage, provide unprecedented data visibility & protection across the cloud, and enable compliance. We’re a technology startup founded in San Francisco, well-funded by leading institutional investors like Bain and Venrock, and a cadre of security & IT leaders from Okta, Salesforce, Atlassian, Splunk, FireEye, and more. Learn more on our website www.nightfall.ai or by reaching out via email at email@example.com.