Are you passionate about sewing, embroidery, quilting, and all manner of stitch-related craftwork? Have you got a deep knowledge of needlework and a desire to share your expertise with others? Would writing about your hobby be your dream job?
If you’re nodding fervently, I want to hear from you!
I’m looking for a sewing specialist who has a way with words. Someone who can engage readers with an open and friendly writing style, yet be authoritative and confident in what they’re saying at the same time.
Do you fit the bill?
I’m looking for experienced writers who are:
- Enthusiastic and extremely knowledgeable about sewing.
- Looking for regular work on an ongoing basis.
- Native English speakers or individuals who are completely fluent in written English.
- Willing to adhere to our comprehensive briefs, but also forthright enough to speak their mind if they feel things could be improved.
- Able to write in a relaxed and entertaining way without sacrificing their authoritative tone. A “friendly expert”, in other words. A dash of wit goes a long way, too.
- Happy to write long-form content (typically in the 1,000 to 5,000 words range, but sometimes longer) without resorting to BS, fluff, or filler.
- Willing and able to perform in depth research.
- Open to constructive criticism and editorial feedback. This is a long-term position, so expect a bit of to and fro in the beginning as we get things right and iron out minor niggles.
- Happy to be paid on a per word basis.
- Willing to accept payment via PayPal or bank transfer. These are the only methods of payment available.
- Reliable and responsive. This should go without saying, but still…
Other than that, you should also have at least two – preferably published – sewing related samples available for review.
In short, I’m looking for those who love what they do and are willing to work with me to create exceptional content.
Agencies need not apply, thank you.
- Consistent work on an ongoing basis…regular income!
- Competitive freelance rates.
- Work from anywhere.
- You’ll be regarded as part of the team, not a cog or a number.
- Immediate hiring. If you’re the right person, we can get going straight away!
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.