UpCounsel is the leading marketplace for legal services in the US. We make hiring world-class attorneys easy, transparent, affordable and quick.
We are looking for a SEO Writer to contribute to the optimization of our legal article database. With more than 1M+ monthly visitors to our website, you will play a pivotal part in updating existing content and creating new content.
During the first 3 months, this will be a freelance role ($50/article). If successful, we will hire you in-house as a full time SEO writer.
To be successful, you will need:
a)Bachelor Degree in English
b)working knowledge of basic SEO practices
d)ability to follow detailed content briefs.
Your main focus will be on 2 projects types:
Existing content re-optimization
- Your goals will be two fold, drive incremental SEO traffic & also increase conversion rates.
- We will share target keywords that a given page is ranking for and additional keywords for you to use. You will follow instructions in a content brief.
New content creation
- You will follow detailed content briefs created by UpCounsel Content Editors.
- You must understand search intent, and go beyond keywords. You can put yourself in the shoes of the customer and brief content so it speaks to their needs and pain, not just the search terms they are plugging in.
- Your goal is again to drive incremental traffic and conversions from SEO.
- Research given topics thoroughly. This is critical to write high quality content if you are not a legal expert.
- Attention to detail – Ensure that content is created according to the briefs provided.
- Gain a deep understanding of UpCounsels content library and act as an orchestrator that connects the dots. Define how different content is connected/interlinked to each other.
- Write SEO-friendly articles that adhere to our writing guidelines
- Proofread your content to make sure it’s error-free
- Implement suggestions from our Editing team
- Meet deadlines – Produce the expected number of articles each week (write new articles or reoptimize existing articles)
- Attend online meetings when necessary
- Ensure that technical requirements are met. Headlines are used properly, images displayed properly (including meta image thumbnails), etc.
- Ensure that content matches user intent.
- (MUST) Bachelor’s degree in English or native-level fluency. Additionally, Journalism or Marketing studies are a plus.
- (MUST) 2-3 years of experience as a Content Writer. You must write clear, concise, and easy to understand copy. Your grammar is near perfect.
- Good communication skills. We don’t have meetings without an agenda.
- Accept and incorporate feedback from UpCounsel content editors.
- Experience in writing LEGAL content is a plus
- Experience with a remote job position and asynchronous work is a plus
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Independent writer who completes assignments without help from others
- Great self-management skills
- Portfolio with at least 5 examples of previous work. You have a track record of producing work focused on revenue generation, not vanity traffic; driving sign ups and leads with content is a core competency.
Within 1 month you will:
- Complete our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team and gain an understanding of how your role fits into UpCounsel broader organization.
- Conduct 1:1s with your team to learn more about creating compelling content, SEO, and marketing in general
- Master our grammar and language guidelines
- Deliver content ready for publishing in collaboration with your editor
Within 3 months you will:
- Become completely independent when it comes to writing
- Work on exciting projects where you can polish your skills
- Continue to improve and track your progress in content writing and SEO with your editor and Senior Editor
- Deliver near-perfect final drafts
- Progress to a Senior Writer role that will put you on track to further promotion path
Within 6 months you will:
- Progress to a Senior Writer Role
- Mentor, assist, and train new writers
- Create enablement documentation for other writers
UpCounsel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please Click The Button below to apply for the given remote job