We are always looking for new talent to join us in our mission to optimize time tracking. As one of the largest, award-winning, and top-selling app vendors in the Atlassian Ecosystem, we hire only the best and the brightest.
What does Tempo do? We enable companies to grasp the true value of time and get meaningful insights into their operations. With our products, managers know exactly how their teams are spending their hours each day. From billing to resource management to cost tracking, we are proud to give our customers data they can use. Lately, we have been expanding into new ecosystems, most recently Zendesk. It’s an exciting time, with lots of innovation and growth on the horizon!
Our reach is wide and we are happy to support more than 20,000 customers all over the world. We are looking for candidates to bring fresh perspectives to our amazing teams located in Iceland, Canada, and the USA.
Join us and discover the joy of being part of a team that builds products that our customers’ love!
About the job
We are looking for a creative and precise Senior Technical Writer to work in our Customer Experience team. Are you a wizard at turning technical developer-speak into clear, concise instructions for users? Can you manage multiple documentation projects simultaneously, and prioritize effectively? Are you passionate about high-quality technical product documentation, and do you yearn to work in a dynamic team? If so, continue reading as we may well have the perfect job for you.
- Develop and produce various types of technical information for our customers, such as:
- High-quality, task-based user and administrator documentation for product releases and feature updates
- Clear guides for our customers’ developers who integrate our solutions with other products
- Maintain existing technical information and continuously improve the documentation experience
- Address content gaps and act on feedback from customer support and other stakeholders
- Manage various documentation projects simultaneously
- Get to know our customers’ needs and our solutions inside out
- Work closely with product owners, usability designers, along with our development, marketing, and customer success teams
- Master the use of our information architecture, including our publishing platform (currently Atlassian’s Confluence / Paligo) and issue-tracking tools (Atlassian’s JIRA / Asana)
- Serve as mentor and leader by example for more junior team members
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a bachelor’s degree in English or another communications-related subject
- Has 10+ years experience working in a technical field such as engineering and/or computer science
- Speaks and writes English to a native level, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is comfortable working with an XML-based help authoring tool
- Has an exceptional track record as a technical writer in the high-tech industry, preferably documenting software products
- Is technically capable, has experience working in an agile development environment, and has great know-how of various team-collaboration tools, such as JIRA
- Enjoys collaborating with teams and individuals to clarify and understand user needs and product technical capabilities
What’s In It For You
- We can help with relocation processes!
- Remote work!
- Unlimited vacation in most of our locations!!
- Great benefits plan including health, dental, vision and more
- Great office spaces in Canada & Iceland
- Diverse and dynamic teams
- Challenging and exciting work
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business
- Free breakfast and snacks
- A great range of social activities
- And so much more!!
Please include in your application one or more short samples of your technical writing work, and a cover letter that details how you have utilized your skills in your projects.
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.