is a global Managed Service Provider, specialising in high-performance, flexible, enterprise-grade container hosting solutions built for speed, security, and scalability, with a fully remote, worldwide team. We empower large scale organizations with better deployment processes, the freedom of local development, a flexible container-based hosting platform that can be located anywhere in the world, and 24/7 white-glove support and services.
We’re looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our remote team. As a Senior Systems Engineer with amazee.io you’ll be supporting our customers with complex technical challenges and trouble free deployments, performing reactive work when required on our systems and hosting environment, whilst also taking the time to proactively dive into architecture and landscapes, always looking to improve what we do and how we do it.
The Open Source hosting industry is constantly evolving and we are looking for someone that wants to engineer at the forefront of Open Source hosting, constantly with their finger on the pulse of emerging technologies and products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Client onboarding and training, as well as post onboarding virtual support of our clients
- Technically leading trouble free deployments of our client projects
- Specifying, implementing, documenting, and rolling out of features/updates
- Deep diving into engineering and architecture topics, supporting the improvement and growth of our products and services
- Ensuring the stability of our hosting environment
- Implementing, practicing and advocating DevOps principles
- Some oncall work (usually within reasonable working hours, and weekends)
- Communicating via gifs and emojis
What you’ll bring:
- Solid production experience with Openshift or preferably Kubernetes
- Strong experience and extreme comfort working within Cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Hands on experience designing and engineering microservices
- Proven track record system engineering in/with Linux, Nginx, Varnish, MariaDB/MySQL and PHP, Docker
- Experience or deep understanding of Docker containerisation
- Previous hands on server security and system hardening experience, and/or performance optimization and load testing
- Fluent English
What we’ll bring:
- Work in a globally distributed team of creative professionals in a flat international organization
- Tackle projects with a large multinational customers
- Opportunity to help build a first-class open-source hosting environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work hours/locations
- 40-hour working week / 5 weeks of vacation
- Biennial soft and hardware budget
- Attend conferences and workshops to extend your knowledge
- Annual education and fitness budgets for your development and wellbeing
- Location is not important. This is a remote position, although we have a preference for a US, Australia/NZ, or European time zone for your working hours.
So what’s next?:
If you’re excited about the opportunity to join an international open source company at the forefront of container-based hosting, and think you might be a good fit then we would love to hear from you!
Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your technical knowledge, and anything else you think we should know!
The amazee.io Team.
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.