Save My Exams is an online education platform dedicated to helping students achieve better grades. We create high-quality and affordable resources that are used by millions of students, tutors and teachers all over the world to make studying easier and more enjoyable.
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack WordPress developer who cares deeply about education and is capable of owning all technical responsibilities at Save My Exams.
As a Senior Developer, you will create new features, improve existing code, squash bugs, and help us rapidly scale our platform.
The position is full-time.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. You will “own” features/tasks and are responsible for independent scoping, development and testing.
- You’re an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over-communicating. You choose the right time and the right medium to communicate.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You’re passionate about education and are excited to work on tasks that impact millions of students all over the world.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other developers, and you don’t take critical feedback personally. You welcome and embrace critical feedback.
- You’re happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks, or tackling tasks which require both.
- You’re happy working on tasks of all sizes – from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features/rewrites.
- You’re excited to be a key member of a small, remote company solving problems and taking responsibility in areas both inside and outside of development.
- Brainstorming & problem-solving with product, content and marketing teams
- Scope, write & build new features & applications
- Test software to ensure responsiveness & efficiency
- Architecture of the entire platform
- Maintaining & enhancing site performance
- Develop & manage well-functioning databases
- Triaging bugs & small enhancements
- Write, organise & update technical documentation & processes
- Website & data security