We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform helping a young woman with a disability plan for her future while protecting her medical benefits.
In this role, you’ll use your frontend expertise to make this thoughtful fintech work happen! While you’ll spend most of your time hands-on coding in our Rails/React stack, you’ll also be taking the time to understand the architecture and mentor those around you to creating more sustainable frontend software.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver code in our Rails/React environment
- Champion accessibility and inspire your teammates to do the same
- Take the role of Tech Lead and guide the team towards creating more robust frontend experiences through a mix of modeling better practices and active mentoring and teaching
Who You Are
- Experienced with WCAG and accessibility compliance
- Comfortable collaborating with product owners to balance tradeoffs between addressing tech debt and delivering functionality
- Experienced teacher or mentor
- Enjoy creating order and vision out of chaos and patchwork
- A technical leader who builds buy-in
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with 100% respect and dignity. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- Our offices are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. We’re happy to still be enjoying laughs with colleagues and appearances of furry friends over Zoom for now.
- With offices across the country, we welcome applicants who want to join our existing and future offices (in SF, Denver, Phoenix, NYC, and Kingston, NY) when it’s safe to work alongside each other again (and remote until then).
- Want to work remote longer-term? Great! We also have years of experience collaborating with our many team members who prefer to work from home, and welcome applicants from anywhere in the United States.
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.