The Hustle has a community of builders who are hellbent on changing the world through business. We support their goals by providing business information, whether it’s the news, research, or insights.
We have numerous products that our community depends on everyday in business. Some of these include our Daily email with more than 1m subscribers, Trends, our research and insights publication, and Hustle Con, our flagship event.
Interested in being a key piece in the way The Hustle expands Hustle Con and other events? Read on.
About the company
The Hustle provides business information using our straightforward, no BS voice. We take complicated issues and explain them in a way that is smart, actionable, and if we do it right we may even make you laugh.
The first way we did this was by sending our Daily business email each morning. It’s our job everyday to tell them what news is important and why it matters to them. And, at just over 3 years old, we’re one of the fastest growing news outlets in the country with more than 1M active subscribers.
The next phase of our company was supporting our community with research and insights. Trends provides builders the analysis of what products they should be building and the insights on how to do it. We’ve built proprietary tools to help us discover the next great opportunity and built a team of analysts to break it down in a way that you understand and can take action.
It’s our belief that the future Bloombergs, Gartners, and other business information brands of the world (something we want to become) will need a mass community that loves them and products that solve niche problems. We’re on our way to making this a reality.
About the role
Events are the soul of The Hustle. In total we’ve had nearly 25,000 attendees at our events in the last 5 years. Through our flagship event, Hustle Con, we’ve amassed one of the largest groups of non-technical Founders in the world. This community comes to our events to learn from the best and brightest, meet like-minded builders, and walk away inspired they can change the world through business.
Going forward we will continue to expand our event business. It will serve as a way to profitably market our other products and bring our community to life.
The Hustle is looking for someone to lead the marketing of our events. Our new Senior Event Marketer will spend their days growing our events database, ensuring our marketing campaigns are effective, and that our content from our events is integrated into our other channels. The perfect candidate is hyper-organized, a wiz with their words, and has an optimistic approach to their day.
What you’ll be doing
– Oversee speaker selection, format, and content for The Hustle events
– Work hand-in-hand with our sales team to ensure all exhibitors and sponsors have activations that will make their relationship our attendees come to life
– Manage event expenses and work with senior leadership on P&L of events
– Create and execute email marketing campaigns to our database
– Oversee the Hustle Con website and branding
– Oversee and execute marketing campaigns to The Hustle Daily, My First Million podcast, and our other in-house channels are effective
– Working with part-time staff to execute smaller free events throughout the year
Challenges of the Role
– Deadlines are everywhere and you have to honor them
– Sometimes the unexpected happens and you have to respond to it. None of us get to choose when the unexpected happens
– The workload fluctuates. Sometimes you can get everything done in 40 hours, sometimes you can’t
– Sometimes things will break. Don’t panic and troubleshoot away, soldier
– It’s part of the fun but it’s also a challenge – you will never have the same day twice
Necessary skills & qualifications
Here’s the list of skills we believe are necessary for this job:
– Excellent copywriter
– Great analytical and creative skills
– Experience managing schedules, budgets, and detailed programs
– Understanding of brand building and audience development
– Optimistic can-do attitude
– Familiar with large events, ideally has attended Hustle Con
Most importantly, however, we are hiring based on careful balance of relevant experience, cultural fit, and motivation.
Why should you work for us?
We’re not only creating news that speaks to millions of people in our no-bullshit voice (something so rare these days), we’re changing how information companies operate.
The nitty gritty
Location: Austin, TX, San Francisco, CA, or Remote
Type of Employment: Full-time only
Salary & benefits
– Competitive pay and equity
– 80% of medical insurance covered and 50% for dependents
– Unlimited Amazon books
– Weekly team lunches
– Free access to our events and our world-class speakers
– Ability to make a real impact in our product, culture, and future of the company.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
Please Click The Button below to apply for the given remote job