(Part-Time) – Everyday Health
- Position at Everyday Health
- Everyday Health seeks a Section Editor to oversee content creation and optimization in a high caliber digital publishing environment.
- The candidate is a detail-oriented, enterprising digital media journalist with proven editing, packaging and promotion skills.
- His or her primary responsibility will be to develop best-in-class consumer health and wellness content for an audience with migraine and headache disorders.
- As Section Editor, he or she will work closely with the Senior Editor and Managing Editor to manage content submissions from freelance content developers, content partners and medical reviewers to help drive organic growth and engagement on and off-platform.
- The goal will be to create a best-in-class body of content that serves as an engine for organic growth, engagement, referral traffic, and awareness of the Migraine Again brand.
- This position will report to the Senior Editor, MigraineAgain.com.
- The candidate will demonstrate the ability to leverage SEO best practices in content development, production and promotion to build and engage health information seekers online.
- He/she works closely with other Everyday Health stakeholders, including product and design, business and audience development, newsletters, e-commerce, market research, and other departments to identify potential growth opportunities and manage the Migraine Again brand on external platforms.
- Measurably growing MA’s audience and acquire new traffic sources through external platforms, including content and newsletters
- Use data and analytics to inform decision making and meet aggressive goals for traffic and engagement
- Track the generation and editing of new content by off-site freelancers
- Ensure that new content meets all specs
- Enforce deadlines with other team members and external stakeholders
- Track successful deployment of new content using various metrics and analytics tools
- Proven ability to create and promote content in the health and wellness space, including managing content creation workflows
- Experience with content-creation platforms and CMS
- Ability to analyze traffic metrics and patterns to identify and develop new content opportunities.
- Ability to manage schedules, budgets and resources to ensure timely rollout of new content
- Excellent editorial, communication, collaboration, planning and problem-solving abilities a must.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a digital media editor, including experience with health and wellness content.
- Online experience essential; mobile experience desirable. Candidates with combined print/digital background that meets minimum years of experience will be considered.
- Disease experience preferred; candidates with personal connection to migraine, cluster or disabling headache disorders will be considered.
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.