is a forward-thinking agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 37% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of users and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work.
We’re looking for freelance copywriters to collaborate with us on creating conversion-focused copy for high-level email marketing campaigns, as well as product/sales pages for our digital clients. You’ll work alongside our Conversions Manager and marketing team to create engaging content that supports our clients’ conversion goals.
If you are a great copywriter and have experience working on digital products/SaaS, please read on!
Requirements: hard skills
- Excellent conversion-focused writing skills that drive results for our clients
- Expert-level CRO
- Proven experience writing, proofreading and editing
- Availability to work ad-hoc on freelance projects, with scope for a guaranteed minimum number of projects per month after completion of trial period
- Meticulous attention to detail (near-perfect spelling and grammar)
- Native-level English
Requirements: soft skills
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly, and easily
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative, and see projects through to completion
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience writing for social media
- Knowledge of the WordPress product industry, or SaaS industry
- SEO expertise beyond basic keyword research
- Familiarity with project management and remote-work tools, e.g. Basecamp
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms like MailChimp/Drip/Jilt
- WordPress user (advanced usage desirable but not essential), Ahrefs, Google Analytics, GSuite
How you’ll work
Our aim is to get great results for our clients, which typically means higher conversions. Our clients are either WordPress product businesses selling WordPress plugins, or WordPress agencies selling websites to clients.
We’d like to work with you on a freelance, ad-hoc project basis. Upon completion of a (paid) trial project, our working process involves discovery to start, followed by copy creation. We’ll work with you on edits, and then take it from there.
We’d love to send you regular work, and work with you for a long time. We’re fully remote, and this freelance role is fully remote too. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
You can apply here
. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: we’re specifically after product page and email copy here, not blog posts. We do also work with freelancers on blog posts, and welcome applications through this form.
– Alex and the Ellipsis team
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.