As a blog writer and editor you will primarily create and publish 10x content for the Hubstaff blog, uphold grammar and voice standards and ensure each article meets its goals.
This role requires you to have an eye for detail and consistency, often taking written content and bringing it up to the highest possible quality. You will also need to research topics and write about them in a detailed and engaging way.
A deep understanding of the audience, the topic you’re writing about, and content marketing is required. Being able to manage your own projects and take ownership of your work is important. Company or brand blog writing experience required, writing for a software-as-a-service brand preferred.
What You Will Do:
- Write and edit content for 10x quality and conversion
- Proofread and edit long form articles, web copy, blog posts, and emails
- Draft content (resource pages, emails) as needed, delivering on the goals of each piece
- Uphold voice and tone of the brand, maintain standards
- Understand SEO as it relates to writing and editing
- Suggest ways to improve content, whether with visuals or by bringing in expert advice
- Leverage data to make recommendations and content decisions
- An understanding of conversion rate optimization (CRO) and content analytics
- Experience writing and editing for a SaaS business
- Great copywriting skills
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- 60% of the time: Writing content
- 30% of the time: Editing content
- 10% of the time: Other misc. writing projects
What Success Looks Like:
- Deliver 1-2 10X-quality blog posts (3,000+ words) per week
- Articles are highly researched, detailed, and engaging
- Minimal edits are needed on your drafts
- Increase in the blog’s traffic, subscriptions and shares
- Uphold a clear and consistent Hubstaff voice and tone
- Increase in driving traffic to the marketing site, trial sign-ups through content
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.