Shogun, and we’re on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we’re preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page
)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
An experienced Ruby / Ruby on Rails back-end Software Engineer in the United States, Canada, UK or Russia who will be working directly on one of our client-facing products, helping build and maintain the product.
In This Role You Will…
- Design, build and maintain robust and scalable software using Ruby on Rails
- Participate in architectural design discussions and planning sessions
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Collaborate with your squad to solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to architecture and feature development
- Scale, extend, and maintain our cross-functional APIs
- Strong proficiency and working experience (4+ years) in Ruby
- Fluency in testing frameworks such as RSpec and/or Cucumber
- Experience working with multiple types of SQL and NoSQL datastores including MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, and more
- A good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Liquid and Slim
- Experience in working on a medium-to-large monolithic codebase
- Good hands-on knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Self-managing, both in motivation and learning
- Work in line with our values
- Experience working with a variety of backend and frontend languages such as Go and Node
- Experience with React, GraphQL and Apollo
- Experience with Fastly or VCL
- Experience in Heroku, AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with eCommerce platforms such as Shopify and BigCommerce
- Comfort working in highly agile, iterative software development process
- Working experience in a fully remote working environment
- A competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- An environment that cares highly about the quality of the code and good practices. We’ve suffered enough without them!
- A fully remote work environment – our team is global and has been remote from the very start!
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
Please Click The Button below to apply for the given remote job