Elastic builds search. Technical people — the developers, operators and analysts — love Elastic products and their continued evolution. Elastic Workplace Search introduces Elastic to an exciting new market: everyone! Search everything, anywhere — all of your workplace data, whether it’s from GitHub, Google Drive, Confluence, Office365, Salesforce, and many others — in one unified and delightful search experience.
We need a vibrant, communicative, and hands-on product designer to help us translate the raw power of global search into a fun and delightful experience. This is a defining role for a flagship Elastic product, and the team is beyond excited to welcome you.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Owning product design of a flagship Elastic product: Workplace Search. You’ll have a major impact on visual product direction across web, mobile, and much more.
- Applying ownership through wireframes, prototypes, user stories, and functional code. You’ll be hands-on!
- Collaborating with international teammates in a mostly text-based, asynchronous, remote-first team environment with occasional video calls and twice-yearly in-person conferences. You’ll be supported by a great group of people.
- Adding your unique character and energy to a welcoming, creative, and enjoyable work environment. You can be yourself.
Our Team Style:
- We appreciate articulate and low ego people who want to grow as part of a team.
- We welcome diversity of all forms, thought above all. We embrace strange and risky ideas and appreciate characters of all sorts.
- We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative, delightful, and valuable features.
- We embrace open communication and challenge. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust, and personal and professional growth.
What You Will Bring:
- Extensive experience owning product design for a well-designed, at-scale software product. You have accomplished good things!
- Measured and articulate written and spoken communication skills. You work well with others and can craft concise and expressive thoughts into correspondence: issues, investigations, project briefs, and similar.
- Fluidity. You are cool with learning new tools, languages, workflows and philosophies. You can function well in an environment that drives towards change.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, blog posts and writing samples, links to personal projects, etc.
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.