Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doing
AmerisourceBergen is looking for a passionate, innovative and experienced Lead UX Engineer to join our growing product design team and lead the next iteration of our design system’s development. Under the direction of the Director of User-Centered Design, and working in conjunction with a blended team, you will be responsible for contributing to the vision, and building out the design system’s components, frameworks, documentation, and tooling which will enable our product teams across the enterprise to rapidly design and build applications providing consistent user experiences.
What you can expect to do:
- Lead the development and delivery of our design system and drive implementation of our brand into existing and new products
- Own the design system’s development roadmap for the enterprise working closely with our Product Design Lead and various Business Unit leaders to identify and prioritize features and requirements
- Drive the implementation of our visual language in coordination with our design and development leaders
- Introduce, maintain, and advance standard tools and processes that enable repeatable and scalable success
- Build and maintain documentation and training to enable designers and developers to effectively use the design system
- Provide thought technical thought leadership and contribute to next iterations of the design system based on evolving enterprise needs and trends in technology
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Programming/Systems Engineering, comparable technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience with Technical Lead or Technical Project Management experience being a plus
- Experience in a technical role where you have held accountability for delivery results
- Strong working experience and knowledge of Web Components – React and CSS are a must (Angular Vue, Bootstrap, Material UI, and Svelte experience are all pluses)
- Strong working experience with Agile Development processes and tools
- Professional engineering experience working with UX in a federated design model, or large software development organization
- Demonstrated experience in project management to include planning, estimation, execution, issue and risk management, and resource allocation
- Proven ability to self-start, share ideas, and effectively communicate to varying stakeholder audiences both written and verbally
- Proven ability to generate positive results working both independently and as a contributing member of a larger team
Nice to have
- React and CSS (required)
- Angular Vue, Bootstrap, Material UI, and Svelte experience all are bonuses
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Location: US Locations Only
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.