Raisely powers online fundraising for ambitious organisations, to improve the well-being of people and planet. While technology gets us part of the way, we know that we have our greatest impact when we’re helping our customers do incredible things with our product.
We’re looking for a Front-end Engineer to join our growing team. We want to find someone who is equal parts talented and passionate about delivering rich user interfaces. If you’re the kind of person who tinkers with the latest library releases, and isn’t scared of figuring something out for yourself, we want to hear from you.
We want you to become an integral part of our Engineering team. You’ll contribute to new features we’re building, fix customer blocking bugs, help shape the architectural decisions in our front-end and share your knowledge with the rest of the engineering team.
This is a full-time, permanent role. Raisely is a remote company.
Role: Permanent, full-time (38hrs/week)
Location: Remote (we’ll help you set up your home office!)
Timezone: We’d like at least 2 hours crossover with Australian working hours (9am – 5pm AEST)
In a normal week of the role, you will:
- Contribute to a collaborative feature with the rest of the team. You might be building out a new block for Raisely users to add to their campaigns, building some UI components in our admin panel to configure the new feature, or working with another developer to figure out the shape of a payload to send to the API
- Put your hand up to fix a couple of bugs that have been flagged by the customer success team as issues that are affecting a large number of customers
- Help out with a technical support question that has come via the support team and needs stepping through the code to understand
- Review a handful of PRs submitted by your teammates
- Meet with the engineering team to discuss our ongoing project and talk through any problems you’re experiencing or opportunities you’ve identified to improve the feature during the week
- Share a new library or paradigm that you’ve found that would be a good addition or replacement in our front-end stack
- Be willing to jump in and investigate if our monitoring alerts us that the production service is experiencing higher than usual latency
- Improve anything. Your job description doesn’t end with these bullet points.
- You’re a capable front-end engineer, you produce high quality interfaces and components and consider the various permutations and edge-cases while you’re writing code.
- You’re self motivated, you don’t need a manager to check in and direct your workflow, you’d prefer to work to broad expectations and manage your own time within that framework.
- You’re a finisher, you don’t push up a PR and call it a day. You’re happy to adjust that code in response to feedback, and prompt the team to help you see that code through to production.
- You’re a team player, you understand that balancing everyone’s skills is preferable to siloing large chunks of work with one person. You’re happy to collaborate on large features and the idea of contributing to a constantly changing codebase excites rather than scares you.
- You’re pragmatic. You understand that there’s a balance between writing perfect code and actually shipping code. You can identify the right areas to persist and polish and the right areas to just get the job done.
- You’re not comfortable with the status quo. You’re not in this for a quick dollar; you think the world needs to be better and that technology will get us there.
We need you to:
- Be a fluent English speaker with clear written and verbal communication
- Have a deep understanding of React, or an equivalent front-end framework
- Be able to legally work where you live (we can’t sponsor a visa)
- Have proven experience building front-end applications independently at scale.
Perks and benefits:
We hope you’re excited by our unique product offering, our team and what we’re trying to achieve. But, to sweeten the deal, we offer these great benefits:
- Salary – We try to pay above-average salaries. This role pays AU$88,000 a year. (Including super for Australian residents)
- Healthcare – We will contribute up to US$3000 towards health insurance if you live somewhere without a public health system.
- Ownership – We are focussed on building Raisely as a team, so we’ll offer you the chance to be a part-owner of the company with our Employee Share Scheme
- Technology – We’ll get you a laptop and screen when you start, plus help you set up your home office.
- Retreats – Every 6-ish months we fly you somewhere pretty for our team retreats. (Once we’re able to safely again)
- Annual Leave – Everyone gets 4 weeks paid leave plus 11 days of public holidays, to be taken when you like. Plus, you are entitled to generous paid sick leave.
- Work remotely – We’re a remote-first company – live and work wherever you’re happiest. We’ll cover a co-working space if you’d like to work there.
- Flexibility – Adjust your hours as you need, within the window set above.
- Training – We’ll support you with time when you want to learn new skills or pay for conference or course tickets.
We’re actively working to improve the world
We’re an impact-driven company, we’re here to improve the wellbeing of people and planet. Helping charities raise money online is our greatest lever for change. We hold strong opinions, and respectfully refuse to work with people we disagree with. We’re a registered B-Corp, and are working to become carbon neutral.
We’re remote, and growing
While our roots are Australian, our team hails from all over the world. You’ll be joining colleagues in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Mexico. If you haven’t worked remotely before, you’ll love the flexibility and won’t want to go back.
We’re young, innovate and ambitious
You’re joining us just at the start of our journey. We’ve been growing rapidly, but we’re just getting started. We want to help charities all over the world raise more online, through powerful technology paired with world-class customer support. We’re not settling for average.
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.