Digital Trends is on the hunt for a freelance Entertainment Guides Writer to come aboard and teach our readers where to watch the latest must-see movies and shows. The ideal candidate lives and breathes Hollywood, and has experience writing about film, television, and streaming. We’re looking for someone with a real interest in the space — someone who’s familiar with a wide range of actors, directors, writers, studios, and streaming services.
The right candidate already has experience writing about entertainment (and at least a handful of how-to-style articles under their belt), time to contribute a minimum of five articles per week, and the desire to learn and adapt to the way Digital Trends does things. This is a part-time freelance role; however, we would like it to become a consistent, long-term working relationship if we’re satisfied with your work.
What You’ll Do:
- Produce evergreen content informing our readers how to watch the latest must-see movies and shows.
- Update existing evergreen content as and when required to ensure that it’s kept up to date and current at all times.
- Be on the lookout for exciting new coverage opportunities to pitch to the Senior Commerce Editor.
What We Require:
- Broad knowledge of and interest in entertainment and streaming.
- College degree in journalism or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of editorial experience required.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to write in a style that is interesting to the core audience.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with web content management systems (WordPress preferred).
How To Apply:
Submit the following info:
- Your background, your areas of interest/experience in tech, and your availability.
- Resume with relevant entertainment/streaming writing or journalism experience.
- Writing samples: Send three published clips of your writing (must be related to entertainment and streaming).
- Other relevant links: Add a link to your LinkedIn profile or online portfolio.
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.