This is a fantastic opportunity for a DTC performance marketing leader to 100% own the paid social efforts of our rapidly scaling metabolic optimization brand. We spend $50k – $100k+ per day on paid social and will 2X that in 2021, so we need a savvy paid social veteran to scale up our dedicated social team deliver against our growth objectives. If you live and breathe Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc., are an expert at architecting all campaign types (awareness, acquisition, retention, etc.), you come alive at crafting strategy, flourish while directing creative teams to produce ads that convert, drive flawless campaign execution and have an aggressive, high-octane mindset and love to win, then please read on!
Who Are We?
Metabolic Living is a self-funded, profitable, rapidly growing DTC health and wellness company with 100+ on our team and on pace to hit $50MM in 2020. For the last 9 years we’ve been quietly developing our metabolic optimization products and fine-tuning our business model. Everything is now clicking, so we’re stepping on the gas as we march towards our goal of becoming a billion-dollar multi-channel brand by 2024. We’ve always been 100% remote and will stay that way as we scale.
While others are struggling during COVID, we’re fortunate to be thriving as we provide exactly what everyone wants. The overall trend towards health and wellness was already a wind in our sails, but COVID lit a match and set our growth on fire. This is your opportunity to help us make a meaningful impact, precisely at the time when the world needs it the most.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: $135,000 – $175,000 (with hefty performance bonus)
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 100+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Robust 401k + 15 Days PTO
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (regardless of where you live)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Distilling the Complex into the Simple
What’s the Big Opportunity?
Hello, my name is Mike Weaver, Head of Customer Acquisition, and I need your help. We made the strategic decision a year ago to in-source all media buying and creative so we could move faster, get better results and create a competitive advantage. While we’ve done that successfully with the initial team in place, it’s now time to scale that up by bringing on a dedicated leader for paid social as we built out dedicated teams for Social, Google and Programmatic.
We have at least a dozen products launching in the next few months, each of which will need full funnel campaigns, so this requires we build out a world-class team to do this effectively. We already have a dedicated leader for the Google Ads ecosystem and will be hiring a separate one for Programmatic. You’ll work alongside each of these other team leads to deliver the world-class performance needed.
To that end, we’re looking for a needle-in-a-haystack who has a fully integrated mindset and hands-on skillset, including doing research and analysis, to developing acquisition strategy, to planning the media buys, to actually setting up, managing and optimizing the campaigns, to working with our creative team to develop high-converting video, graphic and text creative and our funnel teams to develop high converting website or app funnels.
You will 100% own the Paid Social P&L and act as the CEO of that channel. You’re perfect for this opportunity if you get so intensely focused on your campaigns that you can “feel” them at a deep level… you’ve spent so much money on Facebook that you’ve gained an intuition about how the algo works… and you know precisely how to setup campaigns, ad sets, bidding and optimization settings, etc. to deliver consistent, profitable performance.
What’s Our Culture Like?
We’re serious about high-performance, so our culture is built around deep work to allow uninterrupted time for the intense concentration needed to deliver world-class performance. For example, we have:
- A standardized 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly 1-on-1s to support your ability to focus on what matters most
Should You Apply?
If your eyes lit up after reading this, you’re looking for your next challenge, and…
- You LOVE nerding out to test-and-learn how the algos REALLY work…
- You LOVE doing deep data analysis to optimize ROAS, CPC, CAC and CPL…
- You LOVE consumer psychology and developing D2C creative and funnels…
- You LOVE the responsibility that comes with big budgets embrace being “on it’…
- You LOVE combing strategy, with tactics, with nitty-gritty operational details…
Then please read on as we’d love to talk to you ASAP.
What Does Metabolic Living Do?
The most common question we get is – what the heck do you do? Because from the outside in, unless you’re a customer, it can be confusing, There’s a reason: We built everything organically in reverse, starting with our first nutrition program in 2012, then our first exercise program in 2014 and then launching our full ecosystem of products, including nutraceuticals, functional foods, memberships, coaching and more.
These were all marketed separately under different DTC websites but now we’re centralizing everything under our new brand, Metabolic Living. The website at metabolicliving.com is a temporary one for COVID to raise $45k for frontline health workers. This website will be replaced with our main branded e-commerce-driven one in January, with our metabolic optimization app launching shortly thereafter.
Normally, companies launch with a brand and then figure out how to make money. We did that in reverse – pinpointing pain points, curating world-class products, validating product-market match, generating cash flow to self-fund our growth, creating our north star (see more below), building out our operational team along the way and then retrofitting the brand on top. Strange path, but here we are. Read our full story here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/metabolic-living/about/
We provide the full ecosystem of products and services that help you quickly optimize your metabolism so you can feel, look and perform your best, every day… yet without the yo-yo struggle of traditional approaches. Rather than a one-sized-fits-all approach like Paleo, Vegan, Keto, etc. we empower you with a flexible framework called our Metabolic OSTM that’s 100% customized to you. It allows you to get results fast and to sustain those results as your body, mind and daily life changes as you age. Without this flexible framework, those rigid approaches ultimately backfire, leaving you worse off.
What Are the On-going Responsibilities?
- Deliver Results – Work with leadership to develop KPIs and deliver against those, collaborating with our creative, funnel and engineering teams to get what you need
- Build World-Class Team – Recruit your own A-team as you see fit to ensure our goals and objectives are hit as we scale from one growth stage to the next
- Develop Strategy – Develop and execute a Paid Social strategy to scale each sub-channel (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) while hitting KPIs for profitability and scale
- Manage Campaigns – Perform hands on, day-to-day management of all campaigns, building, optimizing, scaling, tearing down and rebuilding as necessary
- Direct Ad Creative – Collaborate with the creative team to build the high-converting video, graphic, text ads needed to execute appropriately against your campaign strategy
- In Depth Analysis – Dive deep into all digital analytics, whether complex attribution KPIs or more standard ones including ROAS, LTV, CPA, contribution margin and more, etc.
- Go to Market – Collaborate with strategic leadership to devise plans to drive new product marketing initiatives should you spot exciting new opportunities we should capitalize on
What Key Skills and Experience are Needed?
- 5+ Years DTC Media Buying – Hands-on day-to-day management of at least $1 million / month paid media, mostly with Facebook and Instagram DTC spend
- Veteran Team Leader – Have built 1 or more customer acquisition / media buying teams, know precisely how it’s done, and it would come easy doing it again
- Unquenchable Curiosity – It’s difficult for you to stop asking why or what if… you love to understand all of the details and don’t stop until you figure it out
- Driven to Excellence – You naturally have a powerful inner drive towards excellence, which makes you very uncomfortable being around others who don’t have that same drive
- Growth Mindset – You’re constantly seeking ways to sharpen your sword, learning new skills, seeking out mentors, networking, researching best practices, etc.
- Data-Driven – Comfortable flexing the analytical side of your brain with a passion for pouring through reams of response data to detect patterns of success to replicate
- Systems-Oriented – You’ve got strong organizational skills and love to create order out of chaos with highly organized systems that deliver sustained success
- Excellent Communicator – Able to clearly and concisely articulate positions both in written format and orally in 1-on-1 or group situations that build cohesion and gain alignment
What You’ll Enjoy from Us:
- A Curated Team – A very supportive team of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible.
- A Nurturing Culture – A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be.
- A Fantastic Lifestyle – A 100% remote experience that allows you to work from home, enjoy your family, outside interests and passions
- A Robust Benefits Package — Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k + 15 days PTO and additional perks as we add them
Please Click The Button below to apply for the given remote job