Love copy editing and creating dynamic editorial content? We’re looking for you!
Endgame360 is a 100% virtual media company that runs www.cheatsheet.com, www.sportscasting.com, www.motorbiscuit.com, and www.remoter.co. At Endgame360, our primary objective is to delight our 50+ million monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
As a Digital Editor you will:
- Report to the Director of Editorial Development and be an active participant in a complex and dynamic editorial process.
- Be part of a team that’s responsible for a production target goal and a PV target goal that a group of freelancers will provide with their work.
- Create at least 40 interesting and unique headlines weekly to start, which may change as the needs of the business change.
- Follow the quality guidelines for our site(s) and take ownership of editing any articles in your workflow that are not up to those standards in their first submission from freelancers.
- Serve as a gatekeeper for publishing all freelance work, which to start will be at least 10 articles per day and may change as the needs of the business change, by following the quality guidelines for our site(s) and taking ownership of the daily workflow for publishing freelancer work including: reviewing and accepting submissions from freelancers via a freelancer management platform, requesting edits from freelancers if any articles in your workflow are not up to our site(s) quality standards, completing submissions in WordPress by editing, adding media, and formatting content, and scheduling or publishing content per our sites’ guidelines.
- Provide feedback to freelancers on their work for adhering to our sites’ style and best practices through a freelancer management platform.
- Participate in evaluating the ongoing success of freelancer work from all aspects, including programmed headlines, overall PVs, and audience engagement.
- Participate in testing, evaluating, and/or launching new editorial initiatives as the needs of the business require. This can be with the whole team, in select groups, or individually, depending on the editorial initiative, which will be determined by the Director of Editorial Development.
What makes Endgame360 a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 50 million monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Endgame360, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and collaborate with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, an exceptional bonus program, a flexible vacation policy, paid parental leave, health, dental & vision insurance, 401k contributions, and continuing education reimbursements. Our editorial team is also eligible for monthly bonuses based on performance.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with editing written content and providing feedback to writers about their work.
- A drive to reach audiences with engaging and well-researched headlines.
- Experience with content management and content planning.
- An understanding of the digital media business and industry.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other content analytics tools, particularly to make data-based decisions about which content and writers are effective.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Strong research skills.
- A background in and passion for content creation and editing.
- Familiarity with WordPress or another CMS.
- A desire to learn about SEO.
- General knowledge of social media best practices is preferred, but not required.
- The ability to work closely with a team of remote employees.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
- If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please fill out the application form: https://forms.gle/E4DUvBZemdpK2AMj7 or visit our website at www.endgame360.com/jobs.
Location: CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, VA
Please Click The Button below to apply for the given remote job