Remote Year is the leading global community-based travel platform that sparks boundless and borderless opportunities for growth and change through remote working and immersive local experiences. Since 2015, we have facilitated over 80 life-changing programs in 40+ destinations for over 3,000 individuals, and we are proud of our Excellent (4.6) Trustpilot rating.
We believe in the transformative power of travel, and empower people to unleash their human potential as they live, work, learn, and grow in the world’s most inspiring destinations on our 1 week retreats or 1-month, 4-month, and 12-month journeys.
We are pioneers in remote working, and as a fully remote and virtual company, we believe that travel and remote work lead to innovation, exploration, and personal and professional growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the world is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything “remote”
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
Remote Year’s content team is searching for a Copywriter who can play a key role in concepting, writing, editing and delivering Remote Year’s content and brand messaging.
We are looking for somebody full of creative ideas! You love coming up with ideas almost as much as you love bringing them to life through catchy, emotional copy. You can easily master brand voices, write effectively within the scope of brand guidelines and do this all for multiple channels. Being able to juggle this all will be key!
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Write copy for all digital and brand channels internal and external facing, including social, paid, video, product and web
- Concept ideas, campaigns and content series and deliver on the copy part of these.
- Actively ideate for the content calendar across all key channels
- See projects through the whole creative process, from inception to deployment
- Be a final reviewer, proofreader and editor of all marketing and sales content.
- Drive brand consistency across all company communications
- Understand our community and be able to put yourself in the mindset of their experience, creating incredible, fun, aspirational, and relevant content.
- Act as a liaison with the Remote Year community for UGC content
- Collaborate with product to help define messaging for our RY brand and products, website, emails, advertising, blog posts, membership platform and other customer touchpoints.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, leadership and judgment; be accountable to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay current on trends and competitors within the editorial sphere
- You have 5 years of experience writing and editing digital copy for brands
- A bachelor’s degree in English, communication, or another marketing field
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills (experience as a writer preferred)
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment on a fast-growing team.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience working remotely
- Ability to work in a group environment as well as independently
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, delegate and work under pressure and stress required.
Who You Are:
- Nimble – We need someone proven in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment who can handle multiple projects with stakeholders spanning the entire organization
- Organized – We rely on great time management skills and the ability to stay connected and productive in a distributed work environment
- Collaborative – We need someone with a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Creative – You are creative in every aspect of your job and are always looking for ways to think outside the box.
- Connected to our values – you care about travel, diversity and experience learning.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.
Please Click The Button below to apply for the given remote job