The role will be 100% remote for now #socialdistancing. Eventually, it will convert into an onsite role in San Francisco CA.
Odoo is looking for an aspiring writer who is organized, positive and ready to join a fast-paced in-house marketing team that supports a dynamic and quickly growing global tech company.The Content and Technical Writer will work with product teams to write functional support materials and with the marketing team, creating, editing, and uploading marketing content to various digital platforms.You must be proactive, detail-oriented, and can balance hands-on writing and editing with administrative tasks that support the team.
As a Content and Technical Writer, are responsible for developing consumable, accurate, and timely documentation from which Odoo’’s prospects and customers derive real value. Writers should possess the technical aptitude needed to understand our customer’s environments and the value that Odoo’s products provide.
You’ll also learn all the ins and outs of Odoo and become a product expert, any past technical experiences will be helpful here. You will be able to thrive in this full-time role from our San Francisco Office. No relocation or travel
- Work cross functionally with the product team to ensure accurate information is being provided on Odoo’s website, including troubleshooting tips, FAQs, integrations, release notes, and cross-product tutorials
- Review content from Odoo’s marketing team in Belgium and adapt it for US audiences
- Develop a basic understanding of SEO and what drives page traffic
- Write quality blog posts, guest posts, long-form guides, and more
- Independently author technical support articles and edit content written by multiple contributors
- Bachelor Degree or Higher
- Passion for software products
- Perfect written English
- Experience in writing online content
- Spanish, French, Portuguese
- Google Adwords experience
- You know the power of a strong headline, and take the time to create and recommend great headlines for Odoo’s content
- You can quickly scan an article and rewrite it in your own words
- You love writing and have some example to prove it
- You are able to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with a hands-on attitude
- You are open-minded and can react to change with agility
- You have an intrapreneur mindset and are not afraid to take appropriate initiatives
- You are a quick and autonomous learner
- You are approachable, honest, and a fun team player
- Flexibility to take on projects that adapt to changing needs and strategies
What’s great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- No dumb managers, no stupid tools to use, no rigid working hours
- No waste of time in enterprise processes, real responsibilities and autonomy
- Expand your knowledge of various business industries
- Create content that will help our users on a daily basis
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work. You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
Several activities are often organized all over the year, such as weekly sports sessions, team building events, monthly drink, and much more
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.