Digital Trends is on the hunt for a freelance Health & Wellness writer to join the Commerce Team’s vertical site, The Angle. The ideal candidate would spread the word on all the latest fitness, outdoor, workout and health trends to shop. This would also include topics such as nail care, vitamins, and self care. They would curate guides on must-have products for men and women, and make strong purchasing recommendations. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes healthy mind and body tips.
The right candidate already has experience writing about health and wellness (at least a handful of how-to-style or best-of articles under their belt), time to contribute a minimum of five articles per week, and the desire to learn and adapt to the way Digital Trends does things. This is a part-time freelance role; however, we would like it to become a consistent, long-term working relationship if we’re satisfied with your work.
What You’ll Do:
- Create evergreen content such as reviews, gift guides, and roundups
- Produce evergreen content informing our readers where to shop sales and deals
- Update existing evergreen content to ensure that it’s kept up to date and current at all times
- Report on new releases from popular brands that our audience responds to
- Cover big sale events such as Prime Day and Black Friday
- Be on the lookout for exciting new coverage opportunities to pitch
What We Require:
- Broad knowledge of and interest in health and wellness
- College degree in journalism or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of editorial experience required.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to write in a style that is interesting to the core audience.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with web content management systems (WordPress preferred).
An eye for creating and optimizing commerce-focused stories.