We are a fast-growing startup (+120% growth year-over-year) based in Paris, founded in July 2018. Backed by prestigious investors, we raised $2.3 million in a seed round (and more to come very soon!).
Pubstack is a SaaS platform with modern analytics and automation capabilities made to help publishers get all the value they deserve from their content. The AdTech environment is complex and our mission is to bring transparency to all actors, with a primary focus on publishers’ needs.
While most of us work remotely, we remain a close-knit team of 30 people and there is always someone to lend a hand. We work based on trust and our environment provides a lot of independence and autonomy. We like to question ourselves and our processes, and constantly seek professional and personal improvement.
✨ What we are building
When you land on a website, there is an auction for every ad on the page, based on your profile.
We gather anonymous data from every auction, on websites from all over the world. We process and aggregate a billion data in almost real-time in order to build powerful visualizations within our App.
We bring Publishers the opportunity to dig into their data and have transparency over their revenues. We provide them the ability to react and optimize their setup based on concrete and reliable data.
To deliver a product that customers love, we tackle and solve complex technical problems at scale, using the cloud and today’s best open source technologies.
⚙️ How we are building it
We are polyglots, and we love to experiment with new technologies and languages when we assume it will help us go further and faster.
– Pubstack is built on top of server-less cloud architecture, mostly powered by AWS using Lambda, Kinesis, ECS, DynamoDB, Athena, and much more.
– The app is made of a Vue.js
frontend and a Node.js
backend, both written in Typescript.
– The responsiveness of our app is ensured by an ElasticSearch cluster.
– The almost real-time data processing pipelines hold components written in Rust and Golang.
– We deploy our monitoring and optimization scripts on web pages from all over the world, both written in Typescript.
– We rely on ci-cd with Terraform and Github actions.
🙌 Who are the techies
Join a team coming from various horizons focused on delivering top-quality software at a fast agile pace.
In order to achieve our goal we focus on the following core concepts:
– Remote first – We are a fully distributed team
– Pairing – We are a fully resilient team
– User-oriented – We solve real users problems
We are aiming to be impactful for our customers but also for our teammates, here at Pubstack.
We consider languages, frameworks, and environments as tools to solve issues, not as an end goal.
We try to keep our team structure as flat as possible and we believe in trust, knowledge sharing, and team-made decisions.
🚀 The challenges you will solve
– Develop and maintain systems that ingest and process millions of events per minute, billions per day
– Design cost-efficient and scalable components that support our growing customer base and their ad traffic coming from all over the world
– Own, maintain, and improve our data pipelines, removing scaling bottlenecks
– Design meaningful parts of our customer experience, working closely with our product team
– Write code, participate in architectural decisions for new and existing services
– Ensure the team constantly ships high-quality code and architecture
⭐ Who we are looking for
We want to scale our team with various profiles that can bring their vision to the team. If your profile doesn’t match exactly with our offer but you’d like to grow this way, do not hesitate to apply.
We are looking for experienced engineers with at least 3+ years of experience who want to grow with Pubstack.
You will be a good fit at Pubstack if you are:
– Having a professional proficiency in French 🇫🇷 and English 🇬🇧
– Having a significant Backend Engineer background
– Enthusiastic about backend technologies such as Golang or Rust
– Willing to code in Typescript to lend a hand on other parts of our stack (even if you don’t have experience with it)
– Convinced that written and async communication are the keys to success in a remote team
– Curious and open-minded while being able to speak out
– Willing to learn, help your teammates and grow with the team
– Keen to work in pair-programming all week long
– Not afraid to make tough decisions that make Pubstack better both as a workplace and a product
– Ready to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment to build a disruptive product
🌍 Why join us?
– Flat, agile, and distributed team who believes in knowledge sharing and team-made decisions
– Pair programming with ambitious, excellent in their field, humble and friendly colleagues
– A small company with huge international growth
– A full-transparency internal communication
– Competitive salary
– Top-of-the-line gear
– Lunch vouchers (Swile)
– Offices in Paris, just above the Sentier
– Quarterly off-site events
🧑 Our recruiting process
– Screening interview (30mn)
– Tech Interview I: Pubstack demonstration, Candidate Questions, Human fit, Pairing session (2 pubstackers – 1h30)
– Tech Interview II: Human fit, More questions (2 others pubstackers – 30mn/1h00)
– Final Discussion (1 pubstacker / HR – 30mn)
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.