At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet. We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
Hopin is seeking a senior software engineer to own several private and public facing NodeJS projects. This is a hands-on role where you will have a direct impact in the Video Platform team by contributing to the development of APIs and Workers. Interaction between some of our video micro-services happens through REST APIs, queues and messaging brokers, we’re looking for an excellent engineer to contribute, maintain, document and scale these NodeJS projects.
Hopin’s usage is growing at an enormous pace, and production traffic is increasing week over week. This brings opportunity for our video team to drive innovation by attempting to solve big challenges in live streaming such as latency, interaction, quality and scale.
Ideally this person will be located in Europe or America’s Time zone.
Today, Hopin serves requests to over a million users and every day that goes by our traffic increases by a significant amount. We are aiming to 100x this traffic in a not so distant future. Building and scaling our video APIs is a critical, integral part of our DNA. Whether other Hopin services are consuming your API or the public is, they need to be extremely fast, reliable and well-documented.
The role will involve
- Be hands-on implicated in the design and implementation of NodeJS REST APIs.
- Generate impeccable API documentation for the micro-services you are responsible for.
- Instrument highly reliable monitoring tools to measure performance.
- Implement fault-tolerant, highly secure APIs.
- Work with dev ops engineers to scale and optimise NodeJS micro-services.
- Actively participate in PR reviews.
- Extensive NodeJS production experience working on high-scale APIs.
- At least 5 years experience in software development, with at least 3 of them designing and working on high-scale environments.
- Good experience documenting APIs.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience working remotely
Appreciated but not required
- Experience with live streaming technologies such as WebRTC, HLS, DASH, CMAF
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with web sockets
More about you
- You are metrics-driven.
- You are comfortable setting high reliability standards and ensuring they are met.
- You have an ability to positively influence other parts of the business.
- You don’t avoid those difficult conversations.
Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
Laptop assigned, Mac or DELL XPS
800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.
Please click the button below to apply for the remote job.