At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication. The Product Support Engineer (API) is a critical member of the Network Operations Center, partnering with customers to ensure they are using Telnyx’s products and services to maximum effect in the service of their end-users’ needs.
The Product Support Engineer (API) will be a primary source of knowledge for customers during the onboarding process and will act as a consultant, guide, and guru for complex API integration questions. This team member will also assist as a second-level escalation for API integration questions from existing customers. In this role, the team member will incorporate lessons-learned from customer interactions and (in conjunction with organizational leaders) work to improve the internal and customer-facing training and documentation.
As a Product Support Engineer, you are a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology. You are a problem solver looking for a challenge in a dynamic work environment. You will function as the voice of Telnyx to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Telnyx’s API products.
In This Role You Will
- Provide implementation, design, and usage support including best practices for complex customer implementations.
- Provide API guidance, coaching, and technical expertise to customers throughout their customer lifecycle.
- Provide guidance, technical expertise, and training to Telnyx team members for areas such as API usage/implementation, software development kit (SDK) utilization, and overall software implementation fundamentals.
- Provide prioritized feedback to product teams about the feature and functionality enhancement needs as well as feedback on the effectiveness of the API documentation.
- Share customer and internal pain-points with the Product, Customer Experience, and Technology teams.
- Contribute to both internal and external technical documentation to ensure API stakeholders have first in class documentation at their fingertips when interacting with the Telnyx API.
- Review internal knowledge to stay current on industry shifts and standards.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- Deep knowledge of API technologies/techniques REST and/or other web services.
- Solid understanding of data structures and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT) or equivalent technical work experience.
- Experience in software development and concepts, including debugging (e.g. Python, Java, C#).
- Experience supporting products that rely on APIs and Web Services.
- Strong customer-focus, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to assess problems and explain solutions.
What We Value
- Previous experience in software Product Management or Technical Support, or Sales Engineering.
- Previous experience building out a product or proof of concept with CPaaS APIs.
- Experience with JSON, XML, and SOA/Integration technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of VoIP protocols, networking, and telecommunication industry standards is helpful.
- Understanding of tshark, wireshark, tcpdump, dumpcap, mergecap is also a plus.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Please Click The Button below to apply for the given remote job